04 JUNIO 2018: Moisture.

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED and the rains have finally come!! The rain just makes me so happy and gives me so much energy. Even more than just our prayers for rain being answered, all of our prayers are being answered and we area seeing MIRACLES. Now the tricky part is doing everything in our power to keep these miracles coming. Elder Maxwell and I have come to the conclusion that we should keep praying, keep working with members and inviting them to our lessons, and work on talking to every creature that moves.

On Wednesday, we found the Castañeda family. Maribel Castañeda's brother lives in the United States and is a member of the church, and sent us to go visit the family. We had a great lesson with Maribel and her 3 children, Diego (12), Aldrin (10), and Kati (8). They all accepted to be baptized, and committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray. We went back on Friday to see how it went, and Maribel had read and prayed. When she told us about her experience, she told us that when she finished praying, she felt a sensation that brought peace to her heart and a surety that these things are true. Yay for investigators who keep their commitments the first time and yay for the Holy Ghost doing his job! He's such a diligent, relable worker. He should get a raise.

On Thursday, we had correlation meeting with the branch presidente (because we haven't had branch council in 2 months, and we've only had correlation with the mission leader twice since I've been here) and Presidente Saul put us in charge of forming a branch activity commitee and put us as the chairmen. Normally that would not be a missionary's job. But who cares. We will have a 4th of July activity, show all these Mexicans how freedom should be celebrated, and it will be catered to investigators. It's going to be great.

On Friday, I went with Elder Muñiz to Yutandayoo so he could do the baptismal interview for Antoni. Everything went great. We also went and visited a few other investigator families, and lost track of time. So by the time we left Yutandayoo, it was already 6:00, and by the time we got from Yutandayoo to the highway where all the transport passes, it was 6:30, and we had missed the last pickup that would take us to Pino. So we walked a few kilómetros, and hitchiked some dude who loaded us into his animal-moving-mobile, and he took us a few more kilómetros. But he wasn't going to Pino, so he let us back down. So we walked a few more kilómetros, and we hitchiked with some other guys who were going to Pino, and they let us get into their air-conditioned car. It felt lovely. They, however, want nothing to do with the church. But they were pretty cool guys. One lived for a time in California, and the other lived for a time in Monterrey (which is where Elder Muñiz is from).I don't remember their names. But I'll always remember their air-conditioning.

Saturday, we spent the day working in Cuajinicuilapa (I'll accept videos of anyone who doesn't speak Spanish who would like to attempt to pronounce this word.) We did a special mission activity where we went with members to visit less-active members. My companion for the day was Elder Bolster, and we came to the conclusion that there must be something in the water in Cuajinicuilapa, because everybody there is insane.

We RUSHED back to Pinotepa in the afternoon to be there for Antoni's baptism!! His grandma rented a pickup to take all of his family to his baptism. I was too lazy to count how many people were there, but I'll send the pictures and let all y'all count. Antoni is a great kid, and he's a great example to his siblings, aunts, dad, and cousins. His dad lives in New York City, and has also started going to church and is preparing to be baptized soon. Antoni is going to be a great missionary someday.

When we decided to do the family group in Yutandayoo, we decided that every first Sunday of every month, the members of the group would come to participate in fast and testimony meeting with the rest of the branch. With such a great turn out in the family group last week, the members here in Pino were thrilled to go to Yutandayoo and bring everyone to Pino. With all the Yutandayenses, we filled the chapel yesterday. It was truely a beautiful sight.

There is so much happening here in Pinotepa. I love it here so much. I'm home. I'm taking in every moment because unfortunately, it isn't going to last. But for now, I'll keep opening my mouth, I'll keep sharing, I'll keep loving the people and the work, and I'll keep dancing in the rain. And I will NOT slow down.

I love all y'all! Have a great week!
-Elder Aldrich

FOTOS
1) Moo.


2) Every once in a while, Elder Maxwell and I buy the cheapest drink in the store just to see how horrible it tastes. NaranYuss wins. It tastes like cardboard and vomit with a hint of ransid SunnyD.


3) Do we look like we're working hard?


4) The ride in the animal-moving-mobile.


5) We crossed from Guerrero to Oaxaca on our way back from Cuajinicuilapa.


6) Antoni


7) The Yutandayoo Crew