It's a known fact, some weeks are better than others. It just so happens that most weeks are better than this.
I was so rudely awakened at 3 in the morning on Tuesday with an ear infection. My cursed ears have given me problems my whole life. So I called Hermana Ávila and she told me to go to the doctor. So I went. They charged me $300 pesos for the consultation with the doctor. Then the antibiotic costs $325 pesos. Then the best part is that they gave me a shot in the butt-- another $200 pesos. There is limited privacy in Mexican hospitals. The room was right off the waiting room and the nurse didn't bother to close the door. So like 30 people saw my butt. I bet they liked it.
The good news is that Tuesday ended great because we found four new investigators! The first three are Olivia and her daughters Diana and Lupita. They're family of members who hate giving references to missionaries, but they said that they feel like they can trust us with their reference, so I guess that means I'm not a failure. Olivia is a single mom looking for peace and joy in her life. We read with her out of Alma 36 where Alma relates the joyful, life-changing experience that he had as he remembered the Savior, accepted Him in his life, and began to follow Him. She said that the book spoke to her and that she wants to get baptized.
The other is Sherlyn. She is 14 years old and is already sealed to her parents. It's just that their family stopped going to church when she was 7, so she's not a member. She has started attending church with her sister-in-law, and we all just assumed that she was a member because her parents are members, her siblings are members, etc. However, on Sunday, I felt that I needed to ask her if she really did ever get baptized, and she said no. So we checked in the system and sure enough, she was born into the church to sealed parents, but never baptized. She's a quiet person, and we don't get a lot out of her in our lessons, but she's excited to be baptized.
Wednesday, we travelled to Acapulco.
Thursday we had Multi-zone Conference with Presidente and Hermana Ávila. It was a great day, and some of my good ole friends from Jardín made us lasagna.
However, the ear infection had left me more deaf than I was before. So I went to a different doctor in Acapulco. She checked my ears, and told me that I have Hipoacusia. That's a fancy term for a swollen eardrum. And then, she blamed the problem on the sun and told me I couldn't leave the house for 3 days. Mexican doctors think that every health problem Americans have is caused by the sun.
So I've had a boring few days. I'm rebellious and I've left the house a few times anyways, but it hasn't been ideal.
I love all y'all! Have a fantastic week!
Hipoacusia.
-Elder Aldrich
FOTOS
I don't know that I want to share the pictures I have.
It may change the way you think of me.
...
...Mmmm...
Ok whatever.
1)I think we've already established that I have an obsession with the sky.
2) Another Elder in the mission wants to take a dress typical of the southern coast home to his mom, and put us in charge of getting it to him. Elder Garcia and I decided to model it. I don't have the pictures of Elder Garcia, he won't pass them to me. He's a smart man.