06 NOVIEMBRE 2017: Right Place at the Right Time

Wow, what a week in Costa Azul! We've had so much success and so many experiences that just prove to me that the Lord uses us to carry out His work.

On Monday, on our way home from district meeting, we were in the right place at the right time twice. We were waiting in the bus station waiting for our bus. The 8:20 bus for what ever reason got taken out of the route, so we had to wait for the 8:20 bus to pass. around 8:30, another companionship of missionaries got off the bus station. We said hi, I asked them what area they were in, and when they told me, I remembered where they lived, and it was about 5 miles from where we were at. The companion who had just arrived to the mission a week earlier and didn't speak Spanish was trying to tell his companion that it wasn't their stop. His companion wasn't listening, he was insistent on walking home. It was very dark, and they were very far from home, and Acapulco is very Acapulco, so I was very hesitant to let them leave that bus station and walk home. The senior companion was not very happy with me, the junior companion certainly was, and I don't know if anything would have happened to them, but I'm glad that the Lord put me there to intervene.

When we got off the bus near our house, we found a member of our ward who is recently homeless. She was crying, she told us that she hadn't sold all the candy she was trying to sell, and she hadn't eaten. We said a prayer with her that she would be able to feel God's love for her that night and that she would be able to eat. 30 seconds later, a group of 15 young single adults from the stake showed up. We sang the lady a hymn, and they bought the rest of the candy she was trying to sell. I feeled good.

This week we were able to find 15 new investigators. Yes, that's a lot, and yes, it was a miracle. That's what happens when you talk to everything that moves, and you have lots of faith. And when it's the will of the Lord. So yes, miracle.

Among these investigators are David and Reina and their 7 children. That's alot of people, and they're very humble and willing to learn more. They study the bible and pray together daily, but they don't attend a church because they don't feel that any of the churches they've attended are true. *DING DING DING*

We found Gerardo and Martha looking for another woman named Martha. But they let us come back, nonetheless. We were talking about the bible and the things we believe, when I said, "Hermana, don't you think there's a difference between something that's good and something that's true?" Honestly, I don't remember in what context I asked the question, or why, but that question stuck in her mind, and the idea set the tone for the rest of the visit. I am quite confident that those words were not mine, rather those of the Spirit. And in the light of seeking truth, we left the family with a Book of Mormon.

When I was little, I used to think that teachers used to live inside the school. I took me a while to wrap the idea around the thought that they had houses and families and lives. Well, this week we started teaching Eduviges and Jose, a mother and her 15-year-old son who live INSIDE an elementary school. Jose literally gets free reign on the whole school. Imagine the PARTIES-- I mean ward activities and family home evenings we could have in the school if they get baptized. Just think about it...

This week was Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead).Because the culture in Acapulco is just whatever it feels like being, it was nothing exciting, and it ended up being some lovechild of Halloween, a really boring funeral, and another reason to get totally hammered. So ya, Día de Muertos.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week; I'd love to hear all about it! I love all y'all!

FOTOS
1) P-day en la playa. (Still salty I can't touch the water, but whatever.)


2) Dat Sol


3)Traditional Día de Muertos candy