24 JULIO 2017: Mo money, mo problems.

Bueno bueno bueno! Hellos to the people who still read my emails! This week has been a week primarily of reflection, a little bit of stress, and a lot a bit of change.

The reflection, stress, and change started on Wednesday when I, along with all the district leaders, zone leaders, and sister training leaders of the mission made our way to Cuernavaca for mission leadership council, where they informed me that I would be returning to Acapulco in an area called Costa Azul. After the 10 hours of consejo and 20 kilos of tacos al pastor (which was heavenly), I had 3 hours in the bus and the rest of the week to reflect on my time in Barrio Galeana and the changes that awaited me.

Let me be completely honest. Galeana was an extremely difficult area, and Presidente Ávila watches the area very closely. I had some difficult companions, others that are now great friends. But the big question that remained was: Have I accomplished what the Lord sent me here to do? For days, I was so worried about leaving behind just another mess for other missionaries to clean up.

But then came the transfer calls on Saturday night. I already knew that I was leaving, but the surprise was when they told us that Elder Hernandez was leaving too. We had to close the area and prepare it for the next set of missionaries that were coming in. And that's when I realized all that we had accomplished. The families of investigators that we found and have in teaching, the relationships with members that the hermanas that are coming in can rely on, the members who were less active when I showed up, but now attend church every Sunday, the recent converts that have remained active and are preparing to receive the priesthood and serve in callings, the opportunity Elder Hernandez and I had to speak in church yesterday, and the testimony of the bishop asking the ward to change their hearts and engage themselves in the obra misional (missionary work), the hugs and handshakes and photos with people that I didn't even think cared I existed.

And more than anything, last night, after I finished packing, after I finished cleaning (because no hermana should have to use a toilet that looks like ours did), and after I finished off the Oreos and pop tarts that I got in a package last week but couldn't bring with me, and after I finished my nightly prayer, I layed in bed and stared at the ceiling. Then, the greatest peace that I've come to know as the Holy Ghost entered my heart and my mind. "You did what I asked, Elder. Good work."

Some missionaries reap the reward, others are asked to prepare the earth and plant the seeds. But no effort is wasted, because there isn't a single soul that can afford to be lost.

I got off the bus in Acapulco this morning, and I'm ready for the next adventure. It smelled familiar. It felt familiar. (It felt a bit like Satan dipped his hand in water then slapped me in the face. Ahh... Acapulco.) And I couldn't help but KNOW that this is exactly where the Lord needs me. Galeana was a pretty rich area, and Costa Azul is pretty wealthy too. Mo money, mo problems. But if the Lord needs me here, there's no problem I can't handle.

My new companion is Elder Carrion. He's from Argentina, making him my first Latino companion (because he's not Mexican, and he's not American.) We've worked in the same district before and I know him pretty well. He has 21 months in the mission, but he's holding out strong and keeps working hard.

So here's to a new change, and new adventure! I love all y'all! Have a great week!

-Elder Tyler Steven Aldrich

PICTURES
1) Elder Hernandez and I are just a couple little kids.


2) I love my district so much. Half of us got changed. 3 go home in 6 weeks and another leaves 6
weeks after that. But I love all of them and the 8 of us will be friends forever.


3) Welcome back to the Acapulco views! This is the view from my new house. Be jealous.


4) Elder Carrion