29 MAYO 2017: Don't Eat Frogs.

I learned the hard way that eating frogs is something that should not happen. Not in Mexico, not during frog season, not when they're on sale, not your pregnant-cravings are craving frogs, NEVER. On Friday, we went to eat with a member this week and she put in front of me 2 of what I thought were little chickens. I was like, "Aw, how adorable. Little chickens." And I began to eat. It tasted weird, but after 9 months in Mexico, I've stopped asking questions in regards to food. Then I got to the little flippers it had going on in the back and I completely lost my appetite. I finished eating what was on my plate like any good missionary, and did not ask for seconds, like any smart missionary when your options are "eat more frogs" and "don't eat more frogs."

So the moral of the story is don't eat frogs. Because it was nasty on Friday and my tummy still hurts. Not to say you've tried frogs, not because somebody is a liar and says they like to eat frogs, NEVER.

On Thursday, we found a new investigator named Gilberto. He's 78 years old and has 23 children with 14 different women. He's only been married once and didn't have any children with his wife. He's definitely an interesting dude with an interesting past, but in the last 25 years or so, he's been trying to have a closer relationship with God. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation, the importance of using our agency to obey the commandments, the opportunity to repent when we misuse our agency, and the glory we can achieve if we chose to repent. He seems genuinely interested in our message and I'm excited to see him change, no matter how late in life he may be making the change.

On Friday, before the frog incident, we passed a house with a gigantic mound of sand in front and a grandma, a mom, and 3 daughters moving the sand from the street to a different part of their land in little buckets. We stopped and offered to help and they accepted! Afterwards, we shared with them the message of the Restoration. Not only did the 5 of them listen, but there are 3 others who live in the house who have listened to the missionaries before, who expressed interest in listening to us again.

On Saturday, Benito got baptized! It was so amazing to see as somebody who has truly embraced the gospel and genuinely has changed his life to be the way the Savior would want. I'm excited to see how Benito continues to progress in the church and in every aspect of his life now that he's made this important decision.

This weekend was the Stake Conference for la Estaca Chilpancingo. It was presided by Elder Joel Martinez Ortega and on Saturday night in the adult session, he shared the story from Matthew of the rich young man, who went to Jesus, said "I've obeyed the commandments my whole life, WHAT MORE DO I LACK?" As we know, Jesus' response was, "Go and sell all of your possessions." Well, el Elder Martinez focused on WHAT MORE DO I LACK. In our families, in our work, in our callings, in our friendships.

I'm a good missionary. I wake up on time, I study every day, I talk to people in the street, and I always try to have the Spirit in my lessons. But what more do I lack? What more can I do to be a better missionary, because we always have something more we can do to be even better. My little brothers do their homework, they try to be good friends, but what more do they lack? What more can they do? Maybe write their brother more consistently and send pictures more often, there's a start... (haha jk but seriously. Love you guys!)

But really, in all aspect of our lives, we should always seek to improve, and we should always ask for advice as to how we can improve from our Heavenly Father, because if we do things His way, He's make more of us than we will ever be able to make of ourselves.

PICTURES
1)  Benito's Baptism!


2) An elder in my district drew this Plan of Salvation and it's awesome.


3) Rainy season has so far proven to be a huge disappointment. But, it has rained almost every night this week, so the mornings have been the cloudy and chilly feeling that I love.


4) I drew on the front of our plans fr the week. Please note that it shows that Galeana was dead, but is escaping the grave and LIVES.



I hope everyone has a fantastic week! I love all y'all!

-Elder Aldrich