08 MAYO 2017: I don't know about you...

In the words of my FEC (future eternal companion) Taylor Swift, I don't know about you, but Elder Guerrero's feeling 22. That's right, Elder Guerrero got here just in time for me to be able to celebrate his birthday. It actually went really smoothly. Our comida appointment called and cancelled on us the night before. Normally that would make for a really pathetic birthday, but actually, Elder Guerrero has been in Chilpancingo twice before, so he just called up his favorite family from Barrio Centro, and they threw him a party. It was a good time.

Ward Council Update: We've been uninvited from the ward council. They informed us this week that as missionaries, we aren't actually part of the ward council, therefore, we are simply "invited to attend" and that "our presence is not required." *Finds brick wall* *slams head against it* *repeat*

I bought a bottle opener this week. Now I don't have to destroy my hands opening Coke bottles anymore. Best $30 pesos I've spent in a while.

On page 52 of the white Missionary Handbook, we read:

"Stay away from public demonstrations... and avoid areas where large groups of people have anti-American feelings."

We had an activity in Barrio Centro this week. I was sent to do divisions with a youth from the ward in Colonia Centro. We took a combi from the church to the zocalo (the public square in front of the big cathedral in the center of the city) where we found ourselves in the middle of a large political demonstration. It's a good thing Mexico has gotten rid of any soft feelings I once had because a large crowd of angry Mexicans was not kind to the American kid walking though. I made it out alive and unharmed, but I learned some new words that day.

Investigator Update: BENITO. Benito is a lifelong friend of like 70% of the ward. We've been meeting with him for about a month now, and he's been really hesitant about the idea of baptism. But this week, we went to visit him and HE brought up the topic of baptism and asked if he could be baptized on 21 of May! He's so ready and I'm so excited for him to make this decision and be an example to his family.

PICTURES
1&2) The birthday party.



3) The world's most overpriced pizza. It was good, but not $200 pesos good.


So here's to another week in Chilpo! I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC week, then tells me all about it! I love all y'all!

-Elder Aldrich