20 MARZO 2017: Ch-ch-ch-CH-CHANGES!

After 6 super hot but wonderfully fantastic months in Jardín, today, we had changes. I kissed goodbye my ocean view and my ward and investigators that I had come to love so much, and I got changed to Chilpancingo, a city in the mountains about 2 hours north of Acapulco, in Barrio Galeana. Since Chilpo is in the mountains, the climate is amazing. It's a little hot, but mostly just 1,000,000 times better than the climate in Acapulco. We went to wash clothes in a member's palace-- I mean house today, and this area is going to be quite the change from Jardín. I'm excited for the adventure.

My new companion is Elder Schaerrer. He's from American Fork, Utah and has 4 months in the mission. We've only been companions for like 4 hours, but so far we get along great. I'll keep you posted if things change and we end up beating the crap out of each other.

In other news, the work continued in Jardín. Our investigators Abel and Andres each had their baptismal interviews and will be baptized THIS SATURDAY. As you can probably imagine, I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to attend, especially since I would have baptized Andres. But, more than anything, I'm just so flippin excited that the day has finally come and these guys that I've been working with and teaching for so long are finally taking these steps into the waters of baptism. Elder Cerda will send me pictures and I'll just pretend that I was there too.

This week, I payed the pasaje (don't know the word in English. Sorry kids.) for my companion and I, $8 pesos each, for the camión. I payed with a $200 peso bill. The driver gave me $184 pesos change in coins. It weighed like 10 pounds. Then I counted my changed later and el camionero shortchanged me $30 pesos. Scrub.

I also learned that Joseph Smith had a sister named Sophronia (Our Search For Happiness, pg. 32).

PICTURES
1) One last Jardín sunset pic.


2) Green ties for St. Patrick's Day


3) This was a very friendly dog. He even smiled for the picture.


4) Remember that thing I said about angels chewing? We ordered pizza the night we found out about changes.


5) Elder Schaerrer, the next victim.


I hope everyone has a fantastic week! Stay tuned for Week 1 of "Life After Death," the story of an elder whose suffering in the heat of Acapulco is over, but the pain of having said goodbye to a place he loved tries not to prevail. Let's hope it's interesting, ehh?

I love all y'all!

-Elder Aldrich