Cambio 3, Semana 5: Starks y Hijo Moving Company

January 23, 2017

And just like that it's Monday again and I have no idea what to write about. And I've heard there are some pretty high expectations, so hopefully I can bust out something that hits the standard.

So we have a recent convert, Nayeli, (not the one we baptized, one that got baptized in July) and she decided that she wants to pack up her papelería (basicly a store that sells everything you can cut, draw or paint, except for just straight up paper) and move to Cuernavaca. So us being the amazing people we are went and packed up the papelería. Oh the treasures we found. A stockpile of dirty diapers, strange bottles of mysterious liquids, like 9 shoes, none of which matched each other. Fun stuff.

Friday did NOT go as planned, para nada. So we had this baptismal record for a guy who got baptized while I was in the CCM. The record had gotten rejected by the secretaries 3 times, so we had to totally re-do it. Some how it got left in the bishops office and we had to track down keys. Then we had to get a signature and thumbprint (because her signature is just her printed name) from the mom of this kid, so we had to track her down at work. And it just so happened that the District Leader that conducted the interview, who was transferred in November, was in Acapulco for the day. So we got every signature we needed, taught 3 lessons, and reached comida. It all worked perfectly. Too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

On Saturday, the Area President of the church in Mexico came to Acapulco to do a conference. I learned a ton.

We have the only bowling alley in the mission in Acapulco. It's in the super touristy area and there's a cruise ship docked, so everyone just thought we were tourists. But I DOMINATED in bowling. Just so y'all know.

PICTURES
1) I made myself an omelet for breakfast and I was super proud of it.


2&3)The sunrise was pretty cool one day.


4) We no longer have A/C because a) we got our power bill and b) we found that everything had either melted together or fried.


Sorry for the sub-par letter. I'll try to have a more interesting life. I love all y'all! Thanks for all the love and support! Have an awesome week, and don't forget to tell me all about it!

-Elder Aldrich